Our Client is a global leader in reinsurance, insurance and in providing creative and differentiating capital solutions for their clients. Our Client has become one of the world’s largest and most successful global reinsurers. Their team shares a passion for rapid innovation, creativity and a strong belief in the entrepreneurial culture which is a cornerstone of their competitive advantage. Our Client is committed to attracting and developing the very best people who are dedicated to exceptional performance. This is a Dublin based role.
Data Warehouse and BI Developer (Contract Role)
We’re seeking a talented, highly motivated Data Warehouse & BI Developer with extensive experience in design, development and extended analytics. With a specific focus on analytics platforms utilising some of the most sophisticated models in the industry, the successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, technologically superior environment where individual autonomy, responsibility and drive are recognised and supported. Our Client value self-starters and encourage individual innovation and enthusiasm in all of their technology roles.
Their technological platform is constantly evolving as they apply new and emerging technologies to their expanding business. The nature of their business demands high levels of agility, which in turn requires their team to be technically superior.
Including but are not limited to:
- Design and developing data solutions using their existing tech stack which includes AWS Redshift, Python, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS & SSRS & Tableau to name a few, to best serve the business.
- Supporting their applications and tools through their lifecycle of requirements, development, testing, deployment, documentation, operation, user training, maintenance and enhancement.
- Ensuring stability, integrity, accuracy, timeliness and usability of existing data resources.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders in establishing, refining, and documenting database and other functional requirements.
- Using specialist knowledge to inform the team’s technical decisions.
- Contributing to the review, selection and adoption of proprietary and third-party solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant company standards and guidelines.
- Contributing to the technological and methodological direction of software within the development team and the company as a whole.
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016 database design/development experience (T-SQL)
- Data warehousing experience
- ETL skills through T-SQL (including dynamic SQL) and/or SSIS
- Experience with the Big Data MPP platform (ideally AWS Redshift or one of the following: Teradata, Snowflake, Azure)
- Python experience & working on Linux/Unix platform.
- Excellent analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid documentation skills
- A high level of self-motivation and capable of working on own initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
- SSRS experience an advantage
- SSAS (tabular model) + DAX knowledge
- Scripting and automation experience an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in the full project lifecycle
- Proven problem-solving skills
What to Expect:
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity.
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues.
- A flexible working style.
- A meritocratic environment where contributions are both recognised and rewarded.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to be productive under pressure. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation.
Interested persons should apply with Curriculum Vitae via email to [email protected]
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Leave A Comment